The most important part successful part during breast feeding is known as latch. This is where everything comes together. It will be a lot painful for a mother, if the baby is not latched properly. To make the perfect latch, it takes time and practice. The most important part of latching is to get comfortable. Using some specific and useful techniques you can use to latch your baby to mother’s breast. So, if you are new to this and you know about it, don’t be afraid. Because you are not new to this. There are a lot of people who don’t know about how to get to a baby latch.
Keep on reading my article down below, as I will discuss about how to get to baby latch. So stay with us and start going through the whole article for useful ideas.
Some Techniques of Position Can Also be Used For Baby To Latch
Sometimes the position in which the mother holds the baby is crucial. When the mother can obtain a good position and latch. Breastfeeding can also be wonderful experience between the mother and baby. I mentioned few steps about positioning down below. Those are:
- Mother should get comfortable in chair with great back support to feed her baby. She can use tools under her feet to rest, to get good posture and avoid her from painful neck and shoulders.
- Mother should use a support pillow for breastfeed which sometimes comforts more in proper positioning to latch better.
- The baby should be belly to belly attached with the mother at all times.
- Baby’s nose must be on proper place. The proper place will be when the baby’s nose should be opposite of the mother’s nipple.
- Baby’s ear, shoulder, and hip should be aligned properly which will help the baby to swallow easily.
- The baby’s chin must be placed comfortably with the lower portion of a mother’s breast.
- Mother’s nipple must be towards the child’s top lip or the nose, not on the middle of the mouth.
There are a lot of other different positions which can properly work as well while feeding breast milk. You should find the comfortable position among them which seems better for you and also the comforts the child. Over here I provided few proper position ideas, which will help you a lot if you can utilize the positions
Symptoms Which Confirms a Good Latch.
You can notice the symptoms of a good latch. I am about to mention few of them, so you can have a look in that to get more better ideas. These symptoms are:
- When the down lip will be pulled down kid’s tongue should be seen.
- Rounded cheeks of the kid.
- Child’s ear will wiggle.
- You will notice a bit of circular movement of the jaw of the child, rather than the rapid movement of chin.
- You won’t be able to hear the sounds of the clicking on the smacking of the noises.
- Child’s chin will be in contact with the mother’s breast.
So, basically these are the few steps which can make you realize that the kid is having a good a latch. There are more ways to know about it. I described the easy ways which will be easy to notice.
A kid’s main source of food is his/her mother’s milk through big mouthful nipple and areola, then begins to suck the mother’s milk. On my article, I described about how to get to baby latch, what is latching, and the steps along with symptoms of latching. So I hope you liked my article I provided a lot of information for you. Thank You.